HELP TO HELP SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
APPLICATION NOW OPEN
Help to Help provides scholarships for financially disadvantaged students in East Africa (Tanzania, Uganda and Kenya) who are academically talented and has high potential and ambitions to contribute to the development of their country. Applications are accepted once a year. The application for 2018 will be open as follows.
Tanzania & Uganda: April 11th - May 7th. Deadline for submitting your application will be at 23.59 pm (EAT).
Kenya: Application for scholarships 2018 for Kenyan students will be limited to selected secondary schools.
- Applicants must be of Tanzanian, Ugandan or Kenyan origin.
- Applicants must be in such situation that they do not have the financial means to pay for post-secondary education.
- Applicants must be enrolled in an undergraduate course (certificate, diploma or bachelor) at any of the universities stated below.
- Applicants must have good academic records (grades) from previous studies.
- Applicants must have good English skills, meaning that they must be able to express themselves well in both written and spoken English.
- The Help to Help Scholarship only includes tuition, medical insurance, registration, and examination fee. The scholarship does not cover costs for food, accommodation, books, transport or other resembling expenses. Applicants must, therefore, ensure that they have reliable access to other financial resources to cover these costs.
Country specific criteria
We only accept applicants enrolled at the universities listed below. Do not apply if you are enrolled at another university!
- Bulongwa Health Institute
- Catholic University of Health & Allied Science (CUHAS)
- College of Business Education (CBE)
- Dar es Salaam Institute of Technology (DIT)
- Kampala International University (KIU)
- Kilimanjaro Christian Medical University College (KCMC)
- Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Science
- Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA)
- Tumaini University (TUDARCO, MAKUMIRA)
- University of Dar es salaam (All campus)
- University of Dodoma (UDOM)
- Mzumbe University
- Mbarara University
- Makerere University
You do NOT qualify for support if you:
- Are under the age of 18 or above the age of 30.
- Have already obtained an academic degree from a higher learning institution.
- In any way can fund your school fees whereas with a loan or funding from other sources.
How to apply
You apply for the Help to Help Scholarship by filling out an online application form. Please make sure that you read all the questions and instructions carefully and that you fill in all fields required. It is your responsibility to make sure that Help to Help receives all the required information!
The different steps of the application process
- Sign up via the sign up form. Push button "Start Application" below.
- Fill in your email address in the sign up form.
- You will receive an email from Jotform. In the email is a personal link to the application form. This link must not be shared with others since it is for your application specifically. If you share it with others it will destroy your application. If you want to tell a friend to apply for Help to Help Scholarship ask them to go to the link of this website and start from the beginning. https://helptohelp.se/en/apply-for-a-scholarship
- Click the link in the email and you will access the application form.
- Read the instructions and guidelines carefully.
- Fill out all the questions in the application form.
- Gather all the required documents for section "Document upload" and name them according to instructions.
- Submit your application.
- The second step in the process is an interview held face to face/skype talk. Therefore you must be able to come to the interview place. The students who are selected for the next step in the selection process will be contacted via email with information. Make sure to check your email regularly from May 7th and onwards.
- Students who are not accepted for the interview will recieve a rejection email. The acceptance and rejection decision is not questionable. We do not have the resources to give individual feedback on specific applications.
- Help to Help will make the final decision on which students that will receive the scholarship based on the application and the interview.
When applying for a Help to Help Scholarship you need to upload certain documents. Please make sure to provide all the required documents when applying. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The documents should be scanned or be a clear photo and can either be uploaded as PDF or JPG files.
The required documents are:
- A copy of your records (grades) from the last semester you studied. For those who will not be able to get official transcript for last semester, screen shot/print your results from ARIS/SARIS etc to attach;
- your university admission letter;
- fee structure of the university;
- death certificates of parents if such conditions are implied on in the application form.
Each document must be named with your name and the description of what it is, e.g. Firstname_Familyname_TypeofDocument). Uploaded documents named other than instructed will be considered invalid, hence your application will be denied.
Terms & Conditions
Students accepted to Help to Help Scholarship Program are required to sign the Help to Help Scholarship Beneficiary Agreement stating the rules and requirements for accepted beneficiaries and the terms and conditions regarding the use of the Help to Help website.
These documents state the conditions of the scholarship clearly and students who are being offered a scholarship must accept the conditions and sign the agreement before the support is provided. If a student fails to observe the conditions, he or she will not be eligible for further support and will be expelled from the program with immediate effect.
Help to Help promotes gender equality. However, in case two applicants have the same qualifications Help to Help will prioritize the female candidate.
The application form is not compatible with web browsers older than Internet Explorer 9. If you are having trouble try using another browser/computer/phone/operative system.
If you have questions regarding the application itself, a specific question in the application or any technical issues, please contact our scholarship manager through firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anyone submitting false documents, making untrue statements or failing to disclose all relevant information will be prohibited from receiving grants from Help to Help now and in the future.